“Have you ever heard someone say picking a wedding venue is harder than picking a spouse?”…REALLY?… choosing a spouse is harder!!!
Choosing the perfect venue for your wedding can be very exhausting . It’s actually one of the most important parts of planning a wedding. It sets the tone for the event, it’s the “meat” in the wedding sandwich, or better put, “the salt that makes the food tasty! The place where the entire celebration begins! So, how do you find the perfect venue?
Choose a Venue that SUITS Your Vision!
We all have big ideas of how we want our wedding to look like, some want a beach wedding, a church wedding, a fairy tale wedding, a garden wedding, and the list is endless… That goes to say, your type of wedding will determine the kind of venue to be used. For instance, If you’re planning a modern wedding, you would want to look out for exotic spaces, well-designed restaurant spaces, event centres that have beautiful settings, etc.
If it’s a church wedding, you will consider using the church’s premises. If it’s an outdoor wedding, incorporating more natural elements works well with outdoor venues such as parks and beaches.Whatever your wedding dreams look like, you’ll want to choose a venue that suits your vision.
TIPS: If you have a wedding planner, you may want to consult him/her. Planners are much more familiar with the capabilities of a space, the layout, the time and items you’ll need to really transform it.
Keep The Budget in Mind!
What you have determines what you get. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a beautiful wedding. We all like something EXTRAORDINARY, but we wouldn’t want to choose a venue that will exhaust the budget for the entire wedding! just make sure your wedding ideas are financially realistic. You do not want to break your bank before the event. It’s supposed to be fun, remember?
After finding the Right venue that Suits your Vision and Budget, it will be best to;
- Book your venue months in advance to save cost.Make sure the venue will be available on your set date. -Make a site visit to double check.
- Make sure the venue’s capacity fits your estimated guest list.Do well to find out from the venue owner the number of guest it can contain.
- What about the layout of the place? will it fit your needs? Assuming you want to have the main ceremony, cocktail and reception all in one venue, will the venue space be adequate? Would it be possible to “flip”, that is changing the ceremony space into the reception during the cocktail hour?
TIPS: Its important to know how often events have been held at the place and how successful it has been-It gives you some level of confidence!
- Consider location- Is the venue easy to FIND and ACCESS . Will people find it comfortable getting there?, either by public transport or private cars. Is there enough parking space for those with cars?. You don’t want your guest worrying about how to attend the ceremony. They might end up staying at home.(That will be very disappointing)
- Services and Amenities- In addition to the appearance of the site, it is also important to take into consideration the services and amenities that the venue offers.Some venues are all inclusive-they provide you with catering services , Decor, tables, chairs and linens you can use,etc – If you do not want to use their services, will they allow you use your own service?There maybe restrictions ,so do well to find out.(We don’t want hidden surprises).
- Do they have restrooms for guests, are they clean and hygienic, what about rooms for changing for the couple.(these details you do not want to forget).
TIPS: Other venues may not have kitchens. Those venues without kitchen facilities may have a partnership with a food provider . Also if they provide decor, you can save a great deal of money and effort by using what they have, assuming it matches your theme and ambiance.
IN ALL BE OPEN MINDED, AND THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX, DON’T BE TOO QUICK TO JUDGE, YOU NEVER KNOW, THE WORST VENUE COULD ACTUALLY BE THE BEST.!! stay open to POSSIBILITIES until you do a site visit!.